Click here to download the transcript of Richard's best retirement planning tips!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
The “New Retirement” is gathering momentum and catching major media attention. Are you on board?
In fact, no less than AARP has gotten behind the initiative with a new book titled Life Reimagined by Richard Leider.
More and more people are realizing the life-changing message the New Retirement delivers. It is much bigger than just financial planning. It explores the intersection between finance and fulfillment showing you how to blend them together into a life well-lived.
You will particularly enjoy in this interview how cohesive Richard and my viewpoints are on this subject – remarkably so – right down to the actual implementation steps and the meaning behind them. In fact, I wrote the introduction to this podcast before ever seeing Richard's book only to find out it couldn't have been more perfectly targeted. Not a coincidence.
During the discussion Richard and I go back and forth playing off each other bringing different language and different examples to the same core message – we want to help you get past traditional retirement illusions and embrace a more empowering and fulfilling life plan.
Bottom line – if you have any interest in retiring with financial security and enjoying a happy life (who doesn't?) then this interview is a must listen. It carefully redefines retirement as a highly misunderstood stage of life so that you know what to expect and how to plan for for the best.
In this episode you will discover:
- The critical difference between freedom from and freedom to.
- The 3 revolutions driving The New Retirement.
- How the 3 revolutions perfectly match the 3 M's – money, medicine, and meaning. (Not a coincidence.)
- The last of our human freedoms and what it means for the last stage of your life.
- The 6 steps to making the Life Reimagined transition so you can enjoy a fulfilling next stage of life.
- What it means to be pushed by pain or pushed by “inner kill,” versus driven by internal motivation.
- How do you know if you're living in the V.U.C.A world? Why should you care?
- How rapid change connects to your desire for happiness.
- What it means to find happiness from the inside-out.
- Why hedonia only gets you superficial, transient happiness, but eudaimonia can lead to deep fulfillment.
- Why happiness can only be pursued through the “side door” rather than directly.
- The dead-end path of self-absorption and self-entertainment as your sole purpose in life… revealed.
- The cause that triggers change in your life and where it comes from so you can be prepared.
- How to use a sounding board to re-create your life.
- The reason why lack of curiosity is the number one relationship destroyer in the second phase of life… and how you can protect your relationship from becoming the next victim.
- The virtues of a circular life solution versus a linear life solution. Yes, it matters.
- Discover the necessity to embrace discomfort as a positive experience on your path to growth.
- and much more….
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Session Include:
- Richard Leider's website is the InventureGroup.com.
- Richard's book is Life Reimagined on Amazon.
- The companion site to the book at LifeReimagined.org.
- My 7 Steps To 7 Figures Wealth Building Course
- Victor Frankl's book Man's Search For Meaning on Amazon.
- Learn more about my financial coaching services here.
- My bestselling book at Amazon How Much Money Do You Need To Retire?
- A retirement calculator to help you engineer your retirement.
- Richard Leider's book Repacking Your Bags: Lighten Your Load for the Rest of Your Life on Amazon.
- Money and Happiness article on this site.
- Podcast episode #7 about money and happiness with Jonathan Clements.
- Cal Newport's book So Good They Can't Ignore You on Amazon.
- The book What Color Is Your Parachute by Dick Bolles.
Help Out The Show:
If you are getting value from these podcasts then a great way to give back is to subscribe and leave a review. 5 star reviews improve the show's rank – the more reviews the higher the rank – which helps more people find the show and benefit from the message.
Click here to subscribe to the show on ITunes and leave a review…
Alternatively, this link below will help you subscribe and leave a review on your device…
Click here to subscribe and leave a review from inside your ITunes account…
Thanks for your support and I hope you enjoyed this episode. Please let me know what you think in the comments below…
Anybody can learn to build a secure retirement -- and you don't need a financial advisor.
My course, Expectancy Wealth Planning, has been called "the best financial education on the internet" and provides all the knowledge you'll ever need to build the life -- and retirement -- of your dreams.
AWESOME interview, Todd! You are rocking this series 🙂 -Darlene
darlenepeckham Thanks Darlene. I appreciate your support!