Click here to download the transcript of Darrow's best retirement calculator tips!
Retirement calculators are powerful tools when used properly.
But retirement calculators can be weapons of mass deception when used incorrectly.
This topic is much bigger than just retirement planning. This is about planning your wealth and engineering your way to financial freedom using retirement calculators as a handy tool to make the math easy.
There are many nuances and little-known creative strategies that can allow you to achieve financial security much earlier than you ever imagined possible. And there are many potholes you must avoid so you don't make foolish decisions.
Related: 5 Financial Planning Mistakes That Cost You Big-Time (and what to do instead!) Explained in 5 Free Video Lessons
In this episode you will discover:
- The “magic number” myth and how to overcome it.
- The great inflation deception and why your personal inflation rate should be dramatically different from published government statistics.
- The 2 most important assumptions that will make or break your financial security in retirement.
- The little-understood but gargantuan impact that volatility and sequence of returns risk has on your financial security.
- How market valuation and interest rates affect your sequence of returns risk.
- Why life expectancy assumptions force you to be overly conservative – unless you adopt this unusual viewpoint.
- The 3 ways to model investment return assumptions and a simple solution for their inherent inaccuracy.
- The dangerous deception behind Monte Carlo analysis that causes overconfidence when your risk of failure is at its worst.
- How 2 approaches – the “fuel gauge” analogy and iteration – can give you peace of mind with uncertainty in the future.
- How to use a retirement calculator to engineer your path to wealth instead of just estimating if you have enough money to retire.
- Discover little-known strategies to retire sooner and with greater financial security.
- The red flag that warns you that a particular retirement calculator should be avoided.
- How to balance the inherent tradeoffs between accuracy and simplicity when modelling your financial future.
- and much more….
Resources and Links Mentioned in this Session Include:
- Darrow's website is at http://caniretireyet.com
- Darrow's analysis of the 3 Best Free Retirement Calculators.
- The Financial Mentor podcast episode #2 with Darrow – How To Retire at 50.
- My 7 Steps To 7 Figures Wealth Building Course
- My top-rated Ultimate Retirement Calculator.
- A directory page with all of my retirement calculators
- My book on Amazon How Much Money Do I Need To Retire?
- Darrow's book on Amazon Retiring Sooner: How to Accelerate Your Financial Independence
- The book Your Money or Your Life on Amazon.
- Employee Benefit Research Institute
Help Out The Show:
Finally, if you haven't done so already, it would be so helpful if you took a minute to leave a quick review of this podcast on ITunes by clicking the link below.
We only have a few weeks left for eligibility in New & Noteworthy on Itunes and a few more reviews can make a big difference in gaining exposure as we approach the final stages of launching this podcast.
Alternatively, you can click on the link below and it should also launch ITunes on your computer…
Thanks for your support and I hope you enjoyed this episode. Please let me know what you think in the comments below…
Anybody can learn to build a secure retirement -- and you don't need a financial advisor.
My course, Expectancy Wealth Planning, has been called "the best financial education on the internet" and provides all the knowledge you'll ever need to build the life -- and retirement -- of your dreams.